Terms & Conditions of Use
- 1.1 These terms and conditions govern your use of our website.
- 1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
- 1.3 If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- 1.4 You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; and by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
- 1.6 If you have not paid the applicable fee, you must not use our website.
2. Copyright notice
- 2.1 All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
3. Licence to use website
3.1 You may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website;
- use our website services by means of a web browser,
- download files (comparable evidence, property listings, recruitment information) in Excel, Word, PDF or other format.
- 3.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- 3.3 Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
3.4 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, such as where you have created a piece of comparable evidence, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
- 3.5 You must not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your account to any other person.
- 3.6 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- 4.1 Before using edozo features you agree to provide edozo with accurate and complete registration and billing information and to promptly update such information in the event it changes. You agree to pay the applicable fees (if any) for use of the website as they become due, plus any related taxes. You also agree to reimburse edozo for any and all collection costs and interest due on any overdue amounts. We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, to prospectively change the nature and amount of fees charged for access to the service, although this will not affect your agreed subscription fee for the duration of your Enterprise agreement with edozo, should you have one. You will be informed of such changes before using the website.
5. RSS feed
- 5.1 You may access our RSS feed using an RSS reader or aggregator.
- 5.2 By accessing our RSS feed, you accept these terms and conditions.
- 5.3 Subject to your acceptance of these terms and conditions, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable licence to display content from our RSS feed in unmodified form on any website owned and operated by you, providing that you must not aggregate our RSS feed with any other feed when displaying it in accordance with this Section.
- 5.4 It is a condition of this licence that you include a credit for us and hyperlink to our website on each web page where the RSS feed is published (in such form as we may specify from time to time, or if we do not specify any particular form, in a reasonable form).
- 5.5 We may revoke any licence set out in this Section 5 at any time, with or without notice or explanation.
6. Acceptable use
6.1 You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- 6.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities, except through the ‘social networking' function of the website which should be used to grow your personal contact database in the manner intended only.
- 6.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
7. Registration and accounts
- 7.1 To be eligible for an individual account on our website under this Section 7, you must be at least 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom.
- 7.2 You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our website, and clicking on the verification link in the email that the website will send to you.
- 7.3 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- 7.4 You must not use any other person's account to access the website, unless you have that person's express permission to do so.
8. User IDs and passwords
- 8.1 If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to choose a user ID and password.
- 8.2 Your user ID must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in Section 13; you must not use your account or user ID for or in connection with the impersonation of any person.
- 8.3 You must keep your password confidential.
- 8.4 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
- 8.5 You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
9. Cancellation and suspension of account
- 9.1 We may suspend or cancel your account at any time if you are found to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
10. Social networking
10.1 Registered users will have access to such additional features on our website as we may from time to time determine, which may include:
- facilities to complete a detailed personal profile on the website, to publish that profile on the website, and to restrict the publication of that profile to particular groups or individuals registered on the website;
- facilities to create groups, manage groups that you have created, join and leave groups, and share information amongst group members;
- the facility to send private messages via the website to particular groups or individuals registered on the website; and
- the facility to post and publish text and media on the website, including in the form of comparable evidence, property listings and recruitment advertisements.
11. Personal profiles
- 11.1 All information that you supply as part of a personal profile on the website must be true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- 11.2 You must keep your personal profile on our website up to date.
- 11.3 Personal profile information must also comply with the provisions of Section 6 and Section 13.
12. Your content: licence
- 12.1 In these terms and conditions, "your content" means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
- 12.2 You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to store, publish, translate, and distribute your content, subject to the standard controls provided by edozo which enable you to choose with whom you share complete comparable evidence.
- 12.3 You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under Section 12.2.
- 12.4 You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
- 12.5 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
13. Your content: rules
- 13.1 You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
- 13.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
13.3 Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- constitute spam;
- be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- 13.4 You must not use our website to link to any website or web page consisting of or containing material that would, were it posted on our website, breach the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- 13.5 You must not submit to our website any material that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
14. Report abuse
- 14.1 If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our website, or any material or activity that breaches these terms and conditions, please let us know.
- 14.2 You can let us know by email or by using our abuse reporting form.
15. Limited warranties
15.1 We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- 15.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, with a minimum of 60 days' notice by email. Save to the extent that these terms and conditions expressly provide otherwise, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- 15.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 15.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
16. Limitations and exclusions of our liability
16.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
16.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 16 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to Section 16.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
- 16.3 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- 16.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- 16.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- 16.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- 16.7 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
17. Limitations of user liability
- 17.1 You agree that you will not hold other users of edozo liable for the quality, accuracy or completeness of the comparable evidence that they share with you via this website.
- 17.2 You accept that whilst a surveyor has a professional duty to share accurate, true and complete comparable information, you use any comparable evidence which you obtain through edozo at your own risk and discretion.
18.1 You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of:
- any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions; or
- your use of our website.
19. Breaches of these terms and conditions
19.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- suspend or delete your account on our website.
- 19.2 Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
20. Third party websites
- 20.1 Our website may include hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations.
- 20.2 We have no control over third party websites and their contents, and subject to Section 15.1 we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
21. Trade marks
- 21.1 Our logos and our other registered and unregistered trade marks are trade marks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
- 21.2 The third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
- 22.1 From time to time we may run competitions, free prize draws and/or other promotions on our website.
- 22.2 Competitions will be subject to separate terms and conditions (which we will make available to you as appropriate).
- 23.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- 23.2 We will inform you of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
- 23.3 If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
- 24.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- 24.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- 25.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- 25.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
26. Third party rights
- 26.1 These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- 26.2 The exercise of the parties' rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
27. Entire agreement
- 27.1 Subject to Section 16.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy and your enterprise agreement with edozo (if applicable) constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
28. Law and jurisdiction
- 28.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- 28.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
29. Our details
- 29.1 This website is owned and operated by edozo Limited.
- 29.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 8848081, and our registered office is at 31 Pembroke Place, London W8 6EU.
- 29.3 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, or by email to email@example.com
Last updated 18 April 2017.